Monday, January 25, 2010

Lonely on the farm

I love my family anf I love Robert's family. I just wonder some days if there is anyone out there. It seems like we don't communicate all that well or at all at times. I miss the old days when people used to come to visit or just drop by. We would sit on out front porch and talk to all the neighbours passing by. Now life is too busy. Nobody has time for others. We have made our lives so busy with silly things that we don't live life to the fullest. I miss work because I had people to talk to. We had fun and discussed all sorts of important and weird things. We laughed until we cried some times. I sometimes drop in on people uninvited and feel like I am intruding. Those of you who welcome me with open arms know who you are. I miss all the neighbours in Calgary walking by and stopping in. We'd play games or just visit. Or sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. Life was different then. I wish it would come back. I guess it's been a long winter.

3 comments:

  1. Andrea was worried I was depressed so I thought I should write a comment. Not depressed just lonely at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-I love when we get to visit with you guys like at my mom's dinner. I will have to bring my little fam up to the farm sometime for a visit soon. Yes I think we all think we are too busy or we are intruding if not officially uninvited. I think "playdates" for little kids are kind of funny. What happened to the days when you jsut went over to your friends to play? And yes it has been too long of a winter. I feel the same way about sometimes wanting a job just for some more adult conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine I love this post its so true!! I feel the same way sometimes computers are nice but sometimes all the technology takes place of real life and really getting to know each other and slowing down enough to see others needs!! Love your cute blog! thanks for your comment too!! and Your cabin looks beautiful good luck with all the reunion plans!!

    ReplyDelete